Blueberry Sourdough Pancakes are light and fluffy pancakes that you can make in minutes using your sourdough starter. Loaded with fresh blueberries, these pancakes will get everyone around the breakfast table in no time! For another blueberry treat where you can also use your starter, check out these Sourdough Blueberry Muffins!
BLUEBERRY SOURDOUGH PANCAKES
Pancakes mean lazy weekend mornings and family breakfast time. But, these Blueberry Sourdough Pancakes don’t just have to be made on the weekends. The batter is easily put together, and since you probably have sourdough starter discard ready to be used, this would be the perfect recipe for that. Plus, I will tell you how to freeze the extras to enjoy anytime you want! With just a hint of that sourdough tang and fresh blueberry taste, these pancakes can be topped with your favorite pancake toppings.
BLUEBERRY SOURDOUGH PANCAKES RECIPE
This recipe can be made using either your fed sourdough starter or sourdough discard. So, don’t throw away your leftover sourdough starter. You can use fresh blueberries (which I prefer) or frozen blueberries that have been thawed.
Ingredients (full recipe below)
- Vanilla extract
- Sourdough starter
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Blueberries (fresh or thawed)
HOW TO MAKE BLUEBERRY SOURDOUGH PANCAKES
The key to this recipe is to use room temperature ingredients. Using room temperature butter, eggs, and milk allows them to bond together better so you will get that smooth batter that you are looking for. It usually takes about 30 minutes for these ingredients to come to room temperature. So, once you have your ingredients ready to go, it’s time to mix the batter.
- To make the sourdough pancake batter, begin by whisking together the wet ingredients. That means you add the butter, eggs, milk, vanilla, and sourdough starter to a large bowl and mix them all together with a whisk.
- After the wet ingredients are blended, add the dry ingredients one at a time, still using the whisk to mix everything together.
- Finally, gently fold in the blueberries. If you are using frozen blueberries, be sure to let them thaw before mixing them in the batter. Your batter will turn purple, but they will still taste great!
- Once you have the batter ready to go, heat up your griddle. If you think the batter is too thick, add one teaspoon of milk at a time until you get your desired consistency. Use a measuring cup (I used a 1/3 cup) to pour the batter onto the hot griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes on one side.
- Flip over the pancakes and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes on the other side.
Serve warm with your favorite pancake toppings!
CAN I FREEZE BLUEBERRY SOURDOUGH PANCAKES?
Yes, you can definitely freeze pancakes. In fact, I like to double or triple the recipe when I have the time just to make extra for the week! To freeze pancakes, let them get to room temperature. Then, place the pancakes individually on a baking sheet to put in the freezer for about 30 minutes. (This is so they don’t stick together when you pack them in a freezer bag.)
After they are slightly frozen, put them in a labeled sealable freezer bag. Be sure to include the date and what kind of pancakes are in the bag. They will last up to three months.
When you are ready to enjoy the pancakes, just take as many as you need out of the freezer and microwave them for about a minute. To make the edges a little crisp, pop them in the toaster for a bit. Once you see how easy and tasty this is, you will definitely make extra pancakes next time!
Blueberry Sourdough Pancakes
Loaded with fresh blueberries and using your sourdough starter, everyone will be excited for breakfast with these Blueberry Sourdough Pancakes on the griddle!Course Breakfast Cuisine American Keyword Blueberry Sourdough Pancakes, Sourdough Pancakes Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 6 minutes Total Time 16 minutes Servings 12 pancakes Calories 131 kcal
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons or 57g) butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup (245g) milk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup sourdough starter, discard or fed
- 1 1/2 cups (187.5g) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint blueberries, fresh or thawed
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs, milk, vanilla, and sourdough starter until combined.
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients one at a time (the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt).
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Preheat the griddle.
- Once the griddle is hot, gently stir the pancake batter and use a 1/3 measuring cup to pour the batter onto the grill. (If the batter is too thick, add 1 teaspoon of milk at a time until you reach your desired consistency.)
- Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes, and then flip them over, cooking them for 1-2 more minutes.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings.
Try This “Meal Plan” To Burn Up To 1 Pound Per Day.
If you’re like most people, you’re at least tickled by the idea of being able to walk around with a lean figure that turns heads wherever you go.Now, I’m not saying this free custom meal plan presentation will sculpt your body into the best shape of your life overnight. It takes time and effort to lose fat and “tone up” your body.But I will say that they’ve designed this custom meal plan service to help men and women all over the world turn their lives around and take charge of their health and figure.To show how effective the meal plans are, here’s what real clients have to say:“As of today I’ve lost 35 pounds, I have no hunger pangs and mentally I feel sharp as a pin. This is definitely going to become a ‘way of life’ for me as it’s so easy to follow…“All my meals are planned out for me and I even get a downloadable shopping list with all the ingredients I need for the weekly shop so it really is a doddle.”
–Katy Thompson, UK
“I’m 4 weeks into my custom keto diet plan and I’ve lost 14 pounds which I must say is pretty incredible, it’s actually amazing watching my body transform into something I am actually proud of rather than something I have always tried to cover up.”
–Jessica Grey, US
“I’ve struggled with my weight my whole life and it’s safe to say that I’ve tried a LOT of diets… The Keto diet is the only one I’ve managed to stick to and the weight is literally melting off my body.“Unlike other diets where I am feeling hungry all day and food is constantly on my mind, the keto diet has completely eliminated this, I actually NEVER feel hungry with this way of eating!“I would definitely recommend anyone struggling to lose weight to try these custom keto meal plans as they really have been a godsend for me.”
–Gary Best, Canada
Obviously, they deserve a hearty round of applause for their dedicated effort and results. But that’s not why I’m writing you today. I’m writing because YOU can follow in their footsteps, too.You can start right now on your journey to a lean and healthy body, and I want to prove it to you.It’s simple:
We’ll show you what to eat every day to reach your goals in the fastest and most enjoyable way.In other words, this team have done all the “heavy lifting” for you — from determining your calorie and macro intake, to setting up your meal plan, to outlining meal prep instructions, and more.All you have to do is follow your “paint-by-the-numbers” instructions and reap the rewards.